Sunday, June 5, 2011

New beginnings

And now for something entirely different...if you have read my other blog: Diary of an immigrants wife--or read my profile you may be wondering what I am up to. Normally, my answer would be "up to no good". hehehe

Seriously though, this blog is about "frugalness"--if that's a word. If it isn't..well..I just made up my own word. Won't be the first time nor the last. (God...I just love cliches!)

The title of this blog is "Frugal Frippery" and that sums up my personality pretty accurately. You see, I am a living breathing contradiction. Nowhere on the planet will you find another human being who encompasses paradox more completely than yours truly.

For example: I can be both saint and sinner and teleport between the two at lightening speed, am both nice and bitchy intermittently, extremely mature one moment and childlike the next (my husband can vouch for that), naively optimistic one moment and depressingly cynical the next, excruciatingly excited and then completely bored the following second, oftentimes reasonable and astute but on occasion irrational, dense and stupidly stubborn. (yes Khal, I actually admitted it publicly!). Anyway, no more lists of polarities...you get the idea I'm sure.

It is no coincidence that I have named this blog Frugal Frippery--a contradiction if ever there was one. My natural state is anything but frugal. I have expensive taste. I enjoy little luxuries. However, in this new austere economy, and the modest size of my bank account I am learning the benefits of being frugal.

So, as I take this educational journey through unknown territory I hope you will join me. Ideally, we will all learn something new during this endeavor. I will offer a new frugal tip at least once a week that saves money by informed grocery shopping, crafting, dining out, clothes buying/maintenance, swapping, bartering, etc. Please do not hesitate to tell me your tips as well. The more the merrier! (Egads...more cliche-speak!)

No comments:

Post a Comment